Research in our group includes two broad topics: (1) the thermodynamically driven self-assembly of two-dimensional materials and their incorporation into polymer composites, and (2) the synthesis of model polymers by high vacuum anionic polymerization. The graduate students in our group are either enrolled in the Chemistry Department or the Polymer Program of the Institute of Materials Science. This gives us a very diverse group with interests and expertise ranging from materials science to chemical synthesis. As a material and polymer synthesis group, we are driven by collaborations as we instigate the properties and applications of our materials.
96. Polyphenol Modification of Graphene-Stabilized Emulsions to Form Electronically Conductive Polymer Spheres
Joyce, M. J.; McDermott, S. T.; Umaiya, K.; Adamson, D. H.
Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2023, DOI: 10.1016/j.jcis.2023.09.008
95. Graphene's Effect on the Mechanism of Radical Polymerization with In Situ Graphene Composites
Ward, S.P.; Adamson, D.H.
Carbon Trends, 2022, DOI: 10.1016/j.carte.2022.100233
94. Solvent-Free Direct PEGylation of Collagen Fibers
Ward, S. P.; McDermott, S. T.; Heichel, D.; Burke, K. A.; Adamson, D. H.
ACS Biomater. Sci. Eng., 2022, DOI: 10.1021/acsbiomaterials.2c01071
93. Evolution of Heterogeneity and Chemical Functionality during the Oxidation of Graphite
Kumar, H. V.; Oyer, A. J.; Huang, K.Y. -S.; Adamson, D.H.
Colloids and Interfaces, 2022, DOI: 10.3390/colloids6030044
92. Surface-Initiated Passing-Through Polymerization on a Rubber Substrate: Supplying Monomer From Swollen Substrates
McDermott, S. T.; Ward, S. P.; Vy, N. C. H.; Wang, Z.; Morales-Acosta, M. D.; Dobrynin, A. V.; Adamson, D. H.
Macromolecules, 2022, DOI: 10.1021/acs.macromol.2c00685
91. Chromatographic Approach to Isolate Exfoliated Graphene
Abeykoon, P. G.; Ward, S. P.; Chen, F.; Adamson, D. H.
Langmuir, 2021, DOI: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.1c00917
90. Surface-initiated passing-through zwitterionic polymer brushes for salt-selective and antifouling materials
Vy, N. C. H.; Liyanage, C. D.; Williams, R. M.; Fang, J. M.; Kerns, P.; Schniepp, H. C.; Adamson, D. H.
Macromolecules, 2020, 53(22), 10278-10288
89. Controlled Radical Polymerization of Hydrophilic and Zwitterionic Brush-like Polymers from Silk Fibroin Surfaces
Heichel, D. L.; Vy, N. C.; Ward, S. P.; Adamson, D. H.; Burke, K. A.
Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2020, 8, 10392-10406